Hike and Horse ride Tour
Duration: 3 days
Season: June – October
Mountain Range: Kungey Alatau
Explore the wilderness of Kungey Alatau mountains in one of our most authentic and adventure mixed horseback riding and hiking trips to Kolsay Lakes. You will explore wild and unknown trails avoiding crowded and touristic places, get an unusual experience of traveling by horse and feet in wild environment among the beauties of pristine untouched nature, enjoy the simple camping life, try the lifestyle of Nomads and feel the spirit of discovery.
– immersion into the wild environment of Kungey Alatau
– feel yourself as a nomad by traveling in the mountains on horseback
– experiencing hospitality of locals living in countryside
– trying the taste of national cuisine
– staying in the wooden hut on the picturesque valley
– watching starry skies, burning sunrises and sunsets
– exploring all three Kolsay lakes by unknown paths avoiding crowds
645$ per person for the group of 2
490$ per person for the group of 3
450$ per person for the group of 4-5
June – October
Almaty – Kurmety village – Kurmety gorge – Besmoinak pass – Kolsay lakes – Saty village – Baiseit village – Almaty.
Almaty – Kurmety village – Besmoinak pass – mountain hut.
Meeting the guide in Almaty anddeparture to Kurmety village by SUV or minibus (285 km). Stop in the village of Baiseit on the way to explore local food market and buy fresh bread, vegetables and fruits. Arrival to Kurmety village. Tea and coffee break with snacks in the summerhouse. Preparations and loading up the horses. Horseback riding to the mountain hut located from the other side of Besmoinak pass. On the way you will make stops for rest, snacks and taking pictures. Arrival to the hut. Rest. Hiking to the observation points, located nearby for watching panorama of Middle and Low Kolsay lakes. Return to the hut. Dinner and overnight in the hut.
Mountain hut – Middle Kolsay Lake – Third Kolsay Lake.
After breakfast and preparations horseback riding to the Middle Kolsay Lake. From the hut to the lake, trail runs through the two small passes. In clear weather, along the way, you can see incredible landscapes of Kungey-Alatau mountain ridge, strewn with flowers and herbs. From one of the hills, the lake will appear in front of you. After wading the river and going through a dense forest with the Tien Shan spruces you will reach the shore of the lake. Here you can relax and swim upon your wish.
After the rest on the shore of the lake with a picnic-lunch riding to the Highest – Third Kolsay lake. The path will be going along the shore of the heart-shaped Middle Lake with a scenic view to surrounding mountains. Then you will enter to the forest and will be going along the river stream upper and upper till get to the shore of the Third Kolsay Lake – the coldest and wildest one. Setting up the tents. Rest and dinner near the fire. Overnight in the tents.
Third Kolsay Lake – Middle Kolsay Lake – Low Kolsay Lake – Saty village – Baiseit village – Almaty.
After breakfast and packing hiking back to the Middle Kolsay lake and then following the path leading to the Low (First) Kolsay Lake. On the way you will make stop near the Middle lake for snacks and tea. Arrival to the southern shore of the Low Lake. Hiking to the opposite and most popular shore of the lake. End of hiking part, transfer back to Almaty. On the way you will make stop in the village of Baiseit for dinner. Return to Almaty by 8 pm.
– Trekking long pants or leggings;
– T-shirt or light shirt with long sleeve;
– Cap or panama hat for sun and heat protection;
– Neck gaiter;
– Hiking waterproof boots or similar with a good protector sole;
– Hiking gaiters (for feet protection in case of wet weather);
– Membrane or other water and wind resistant jacket;
– Raincoat poncho;
– Thermal base layer;
– Warm fleece or polartec jacket;
– Light down vest or jacket;
– Two pair of hiking socks;
– Light sandals or rubber slippers for wading the river during the hiking;
– Fleece or other thin gloves;
– Compact headlamp;
– Sunscreen with high UVA protection;
– Personal dishes: fork, spoon, mug, bowl, knife;
– Personal hygiene items;
– Small towel;
– Water container;
– Trekking telescopic poles;
– Personal AID kit (pain and flu medication, adhesive tape, individual medications in case of having chronic diseases);
– Sleeping bag with temperature 0 – +5 degrees Celsius in comfort zone;
– Sleeping pad;
– Small hiking backpack with volume 20-30 liters with raincover;
– Big hiking backpack or travel duffel bag with volume 50-60 liters with raincover;
– Energy, protein, muesli bars, dry fruits, nuts or other preferred snack;
– Remedy for mosquitoes, flies, horseflies and ticks;
– Isothermal foil survival blanket;
– Matches or a lighter in waterproof package;
– Chargers and cords (power bank or compact solar panel).
During all days of the program, having passport is required. Part of the route passes boundary line area with Kyrgyzstan Republic.
Depending on weather, health and physical condition of the participants, the guide can make adjustments to the program.
The program can be canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions.
Mountain and skiing guides in Kazakhstan, Freeride, Backcountry, Alpine touring and heli-skiing in Kazakhstan, Ski-mountaineering expeditions in Kazakhstan, Hut and yurt based backcountry in Kazakhstan, Freeride tours in Kazakhstan, Authentic freeride experience in Central Asia, Skiing guides in Almaty, Guided freeride tours in Almaty, Freeride ski resorts in Almaty, Backcountry trips in Kazakhstan, Tent backcountry camps in Kazakhstan
© Powder Nomads, Almaty city, Kazakhstan
All rights reserved.