Ski touring camp in ridder
Duration: 7 days
Season: November – March
Mountain Range: Kazakhstan Altai
Kazakhstan Western Altai
November – March
Ust’-Kamenogorsk – Ridder – Kedrovka – Ridder – Ust’-Kamenogorsk
Meeting in Almaty and flying to Ust’-Kamenogorsk (plane can be changed to the night train, if you have extra day). Arrival to Ust’-Kamenogorsk, lunch in local restaurant. Departure to Ridder town (120km) and transfer to the mountain lodge, located in 15 km from the town at the foothills of Serzhinskiy ridge at an altitude of 720 meters. Accommodation in the wooden 2-floor guest house in separate 3-bed rooms. Evening Russian sauna – «banya», dinner and rest.
Breakfast and preparations. Touring to the closest observation home spots – Home ridge and Stone. During the day it will be possible to make 2-3 descents with the length of each run from 2 to 4 km and with gaining 800-1500 vertical meters. Return to the lodge, late lunch. Avalanche safety trainings. Russian banya, dinner and rest.
Breakfast and preparations. Transfer by SUV to the start point of the backcountry route (45 km), located at the foothills of the Ivanovskiy ridge. Touring to one of the spots chosen according to the snow and weather conditions. During the day it will be possible to make 2 descents with the length of each run from 2 to 4 km and with gaining 1000-1500 vertical meters. Elevation range: 1200-2300 meters. After backcountry transfer to the Ridder town and visiting cosy coffee shop with friendly atmosphere, special herb and fruit tea, homemade cakes and cookies. Return to the lodge, late lunch. Watching ski movies. Russian banya, dinner and rest.
This day will be used as an extra day and can be spend in different ways. You can stay in the mountain lodge and do some relaxing practices with us, like yoga, stretching, meditations, cold hardening or nails standing. Or we can organise for you excursion to the Ridder town where you will visit hystorical and cultural museum, orthodox church, park and local market. It also can be used for exploring local ski resorts or ski touring.
Early breakfast, preparations. Departure to the Ust-Kamenogorsk. On the way visiting the local authentic market in Cheremshanka village, where you can find locally produced packages with medicinal herbs and roots, sea buckthorn and fir oils, pickled mushrooms and cucumbers, honey, jams made from blueberries or pine cones, various plant and animal tinctures. Departure to Almaty city by plane (plane can be changed to the night train, if you have extra day). Lunch in the local cafe in Almaty. Transfer to the hotel.
Read more about freeride spot >>
– avalanche equipment (avalanche safety kit: shovel, probe, transciever)
– airbag backpack (optionally)
– freeride backpack with skis/splitboard fixation (volume 25-40 liters)
– goggles with a spare lens for foggy conditions (better to have 2 goggles)
Personal clothing and accessories:
– thermal base layer
– functional membrane jacket and pants
– insulation layers (polartec or fleece jacket and downy sweater or vest)
– warm down jacket
– extra set of thermal base layer
– few pairs of warm thermal socks
– warm trekking shoes or boots
– fleece or softshell gloves
– warm mittens
– warm hat
– neck warmer
– sunscreen with a high degree of UV protection SPF 50+
– swimsuit, towel and flip-flops for visiting sauna
– personal hygienic and bath items
– personal AID kit (pain and flu medication, adhesive tape, individual medications in case of having chronic diseases)
– isothermal foil survival blanket
– repair kit (spare parts and tools for adjustment and repair your bindings, duct tape, rubber straps)
– water tank
– head lamp
– spare batteries for your transceiver
– adaptor for outlet charging, if needed (220V 50Hz European outlet)
– matches or a lighter in a waterproof compact package
– chargers and cords for your electronic devices
– ski-touring/snowboard boots
– freeride skis with proper touring bindings or splitboard
– climbing skins
– telescopic poles
– individual snacks (muesli, protein, chocolate of other bars, dry fruits and nuts, special mount nutrition and etc.)
1. Accommodation in the mountain lodge in Ridder.
2. Return transfer from Ust’-Kamenogorsk to Ridder.
3. All transfers during the program in Ridder.
4. Three meals a day in the mountain lodge.
5. Avalanche safety training.
6. English-speaking skiing guide.
7. Drinking water.
1. Rental of ski/splitboard and avalanche equipment (available upon request, please notify in advance).
2. Meals not indicated in the program.
3. Visa support and registration on the territory of Kazakhstan,
4. Personal expenses, alcohol drinks and other expenses not indicated in the program.
5. Insurance policy.
6. Domestic flight or train Almaty – Ust’-Kamenogorsk – Almaty.
7. Accommodation in Almaty before and after the tour.
Mountain and skiing guides in Kazakhstan, Freeride, Backcountry, Alpine touring and heli-skiing in Kazakhstan, Ski-mountaineering expeditions in Kazakhstan, Hut and yurt based backcountry in Kazakhstan, Freeride tours in Kazakhstan, Authentic freeride experience in Central Asia, Skiing guides in Almaty, Guided freeride tours in Almaty, Freeride ski resorts in Almaty, Backcountry trips in Kazakhstan, Tent backcountry camps in Kazakhstan
© Powder Nomads, Almaty city, Kazakhstan
All rights reserved.