Duration: 1 day
Season: December – February
Mountain Range: Ile Alatau
December – February
Almaty city – Talgar town – Ryskulovo settlement – Ak-Bulak ski resort
Departure from Almaty at 08:00. Arrival on the territory of ski resort Ak-Bulak at approx. 09:30. Preparations and instructions from the guide.
At 10:00 – ascent by gondola cable car to the slope with altitude 2006 m a.s.l. Then chairlift will deliver you further to the highest point of resort with “black slopes” only. Slope gradient in this zone is from 25 to 45 degrees. Parts of descent pass both in open spaces and in the treeline, among the Tien-Shan firs with lots of drops. A huge mass of white fluffy snow and amazing panorama of surrounding high rocky mountains will leave the brightest impression.
Skiing on the “black slopes” of the resort with a guide until 13:30. The guide knows the resort “like the palm on his hand” and will show you the most interesting places, hidden from the majority of riders. Riding will be fun, intense and full of adventures – you will not even notice how fast time is running.
A picnic lunch will be arranged on the benches at the observation ground until 14:30. You will have a rest, take a sunbath and admire views of the big mountains located nearby, and perhaps, even see a huge and beautiful prey bird – bearded vulture.
After lunch you will shred again with new portion of energy until 16:00, and then will ski down to the parking. Packing stuff and departure to Almaty. Arrival to Almaty at about 19:00.
Upon your wish we can arrange evening traditional aka saka bath-house in the mountain area nearby resort (optionally, extra charge) with aroma and heating procedures, cooling down in the font or river and drinking tea with herbs and honey.
– avalanche equipment (air bag system and avalanche safety kit: shovel, probe, transciever)
– freeride backpack with ski/snowboard fixation (volume 25-40 liters)
– goggles with a spare lens for foggy conditions (better to have 2 goggles)
Personal clothing and accessories:
– comfortable functional clothing for riding downhill and short hikes uphill (base layer: thermal underwear, membrane jacket and pants, fleece jacket, additional layers of clothing for insulation, downy sweater or vest)
– gloves or mittens
– warm hat, neck gaiter
– personal AID kit (adhesive plaster, emergency thermal blanket, individual medications)
– repair kit (spare parts and tools for adjustment and repair your bindings,duct tape, rubber straps)
– water tank
– ski/snowboard boots
– proper freeride skis/snowboard
– ski poles
– individual snacks for the route (energy and protein bars, muesli, dry fruits and nuts, special mount nutrition)
1. Services of English-speaking skiing guide
2. Transfer Almaty – Ak-Bulak Ski Resort – Almaty
3. Daily ski-pass at the ski resort
4. Lunch snack (sandwich with tuna/chicken/cheese/vegetables, apple, chocolate bar), herb tea, honey
5. Bottled water (1 l)
1. Rental of ski/snowboard and avalanche equipment (rental is possible upon request)
2. Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
3. Accommodation in Almaty before or after the tour
4. Visa support and registration in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, if required
5. Insurance policy
Mountain and skiing guides in Kazakhstan, Freeride, Backcountry, Alpine touring and heli-skiing in Kazakhstan, Ski-mountaineering expeditions in Kazakhstan, Hut and yurt based backcountry in Kazakhstan, Freeride tours in Kazakhstan, Authentic freeride experience in Central Asia, Skiing guides in Almaty, Guided freeride tours in Almaty, Freeride ski resorts in Almaty, Backcountry trips in Kazakhstan, Tent backcountry camps in Kazakhstan
© Powder Nomads, Almaty city, Kazakhstan
All rights reserved.