Horseback Riding Tour
Duration: 3 hours
Mountain Range: Ile Alatau
Horseback tour through the apple orchards in the foothills of Ile Alatau mountains with stunning panoramic views to the Almaty city and Kargaly Gorge, assisted by an experienced instructor who will help beginners with learning horse-riding and getting necessary skills, and will also be able to give valuable advices to the experienced riders, take you through the most picturesque places and tell in details about local attractions, culture and the role of horses in the life of nomads. The horse-riding complex is located near Karagaily village, 40-minute drive from the city center, what makes it easily accessible and attractive for citizens and guests of Almaty city.
– feel yourself like real nomads by exploring the outdoors on horseback
– horse-riding healing effect
– communicating with wonderful and smart animal like a horse
– exploring the foothills of amazingly beautiful Ile Alatau mountains
– admiring stunning panoramic view of Almaty city and Kargaly Gorge
– acquaintance with kazakh culture, its customs and traditions
– enjoying the taste of national dishes in local cafe
146$ per person for the group of 2
118$ per person for the group of 3-5
96$ per person for the group of 6-10
March – November
Almaty – Karagaily – Horse riding complex – Kargaly Gorge – Almaty.
08:20 – meeting the guide at your place, transfer to Kargaly gorge
09:00 – arrival to the stables, preparations and meeting with horses. Short instructions from the
guide about safety, features of the route and order of movement in the group.
09:30 – start moving along the route by ground road among the apply orchards. You will make a big circle (9 km) around the gardens and see the most beautiful sceneries with panoramic view of Almaty city and Kargaly gorge.
13:00 – coming back to the stable
13:30 – transfer to the local café for lunch
14:00 – lunch time
15:00 – transfer back to the city to your place
– Thick stretch pants or leggings;
– T-shirt or light shirt with long sleeve;
– Neck warmer;
– Hiking or other shoes with high lacing or leather high boots;
– Membrane or other water and wind resistant jacket;
– Raincoat poncho;
– Warm fleece, polartec or other warm jacket;
– Light down vest or jacket;
– High thermal socks;
– Extra pair of casual shoes;
– Beanie or warm hat;
– Leather or other gloves for horse-riding;
– Bottle of water;
– Small backpack with volume 15-25 liters
1. Transfer Almaty – Kargaly Gorge – Almaty.
2. Professional English-speaking guide services.
3. Horse breeder services.
4. All admissions and environmental fees.
6. Horses rental.
7. Professional photo shooting.
8. Horse-riding equipment (helmet and gaiters).
1. Personal expenses and other expenses not indicated in the program.
2. Insurance policy.
Please inform us in advance about any existing health problems: allergies, chronic diseases, injuries, etc.
The tour can be canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions or danger threatening the lives of the participants.
Mountain and skiing guides in Kazakhstan, Freeride, Backcountry, Alpine touring and heli-skiing in Kazakhstan, Ski-mountaineering expeditions in Kazakhstan, Hut and yurt based backcountry in Kazakhstan, Freeride tours in Kazakhstan, Authentic freeride experience in Central Asia, Skiing guides in Almaty, Guided freeride tours in Almaty, Freeride ski resorts in Almaty, Backcountry trips in Kazakhstan, Tent backcountry camps in Kazakhstan
© Powder Nomads, Almaty city, Kazakhstan
All rights reserved.